Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
These are the current scholarship openings. Click on the Scholarshop Title to view more information about the position and to apply online.
Click column header to sort
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for an Office Manager at Muehlig Funeral Chapel in Ann Arbor, Michigan. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Manages and coordinates the operational activities of a funeral home, cemetery and/or crematory operation. Ensures the highest quality services and products, to satisfy the need of any client family, to maximize budgeted profit plans for the location, and maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere.
- Oversees processing of all accounting support functions including but not limited to:
- Collections of all accounts receivable
- Verifications and payments of all accounts payable invoices
- Controls of receipt and deposit of cash payments received
- Maintains petty cash account and disburses the same in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Reconciliations of all accounts
- Cash advance checks
- Same Day Check requests
- Bank deposits
- Verifies/audits cash disbursement reports
- Tracks Capital Expenditure Authorizations (CEAs)
- Orders supplies for the office and completes inventory counts
- Coordinates the processing of orders and receipt of all merchandise orders including memorials and caskets and the control of storage inventory for vaults and markers, urns and caskets
- Oversees the processing of installation funeral-related orders and orders to the grounds and maintenance departments
- Supports location management to ensure all contracts and work orders are completed in a timely manner with proper documentation
- Schedules incoming orders and drivers for the ambulate service
- Completes various funeral/cemetery reports and files accurately
- Supports Sales as necessary requiring an understanding of JD Powers
- Assures compliance with all Company policies and procedures to include:
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audit
- Diversity University (DU) training
- Interment Verification Training (IVT) audits
- Day Sales Outstanding’s (DSO) related to financial and administrative areas.
- Assists in preparing and/or overseeing all funeral/cemetery-related forms
- Reviews time cards and administers corporate payroll policies and procedures
- Administers local Human Resources (HR) processes such as completing Payroll forms, processing new hire paperwork, benefits enrollment forms, background checks, verifying pre-need sales licenses, maintaining employee files and other confidential files (I9’s, etc.). Not applicable in Canada.
- Ensures all new associates receive new hire orientation
- Pulls monthly reports from reporting site and create stack ranking reports for key performance indicators
- Maintains vehicle records/licenses
- Processes expense reports
- Updates General Price Lists (GPLs)
- Manages all Alarm Systems (codes, working order, etc.)
- Assists with funeral services and “Making Everlasting Memories” (MEMs) as needed
- Coordinates daily activities with business unit as well as other departments
- Trains associates in the proper administration of policies and procedures
- Services customers by interacting with families in a professional and compassionate manner
- Maintains and updates customer records
- Updates company website with current obituaries and ensures obituaries are placed in newspapers
- Provides a collaborative, productive workplace environment for associate growth and development that instills pride, a sense of ownership, and the challenge to associates to exceed expectations
- Behaves in a supportive way to enrich the work environment
- Uses customer feedback in conjunction with Sales to improve location administration and strengthen individual associate performance
- Performs other duties as assigned